Friday, January 2, 2015

new year ~ new word

Happy 2015, friends!
  
I don't really make 
"resolutions" each year - because they inevitably
get broken within a week or two!  But,
I do think about goals I'd like
to accomplish or work toward in the new year
and things in my life that I'd like to take in a new
direction.  I also pick a Word Of The Year -
to inspire my work and give me something
to focus on when I have big decisions to 
make!


So... I decided my Word for 2015 would be FLOURISH!  And
I guess it was meant to be - because a couple days
later Monica Lee of Smart Creative Women announced
she had designed this new planner!!  Well... of course
I HAD TO HAVE IT!!

I LOVE that it's full-size, so you have LOTS of room to 
write a bunch on each days' block - plus you can use it
as your artist's workbook, notepad, idea keeper,
appointment minder...
anything you need to write down!  I LOVE it!
Just have to switch over to my bigger purse - so I can
carry it with me wherever I go!!  I want
to fill every page!  Maybe I'll be able to limit myself
to just this one planner/notebook this year!!  Instead
of a bunch of little ones!  ha.

#onmywalk, www.sueallemandart.com
#onmywalk - Day 2
As for my goals, I started writing them down a couple days
ago, and I'm still working on refining and
organizing them into doable chunks!  But, I did start one
of my goals - which is a daily walk!  It doesn't matter
how far, or how long -- just get my butt out there in
the fresh air and walk!  365 days!  That's my goal.  
And ~ I decided to take a picture every 
day!  Something I see on my walks.  I'll be 
labeling them #onmywalk and
you can show me your pics too, just use the same
hashtag!  Come walk with me!  And follow 
me on Instagram to see my daily photos!

Pointsettia tree, www.sueallemandart.com
#onmywalk - Day 1
These are the first 2 photos for the first 2 days of 
January!  I also signed up for the MapMyWalk app - 
so I can keep track of how many miles I
have "moved my rear" this year!  If you don't
have a smartphone - you can keep track on
your computer!!

So let's get MOVIN' peeps!!  Lets be healthy and strong -
so we can take on the world!

I'll be back tomorrow with the completed list of my
goals for 2015!  What goals are YOU trying to
achieve??

Hugs,
Sue