Thursday, September 4, 2014

day 1 ~ my creative day in pictures

Here goes my next 30 DAY Challenge!  I've been trying to think of a new 30 day challenge to do - they always push me to be more productive, especially in the making art area.  I get caught up with a lot of the business side of things, filling orders, product development and editing and formatting art on the computer - that I don't spend a lot of time making art lately.  I've been thinking of doing the 30 paintings in 30 days challenge... but I usually don't work on one painting at a time - I like to work on quite a few so that while one is drying, I can work on another.

Lately, I've had people asking me how I get so much done in a day or to see my studios and
what I'm working on.  So.... I'm going to show you my day - in pictures - every day for
30 days.  Of course I can't show you EVERYTHING I do all day -- but this will give
you an idea of my day and my processes.  I think it'll be fun.... so here's today (09/04/14).

Sue Allemand Art, 30 Day Challenge - My Creative Day in Pictures, www.sueallemandart.com
Worked on these paintings today - this one has a pair.  This is about the 3rd layer so far.  They're progressing... but I'm not exactly sure where they're going yet.  So I work on them a little - then hang them up to look at them while I'm working on others - waiting for inspiration to hit!  :)


Sue Allemand Art, 30 Day Challenge - My Creative Day in Pictures, www.sueallemandart.com
Decoupaged some Italian language papers onto these 3 long skinny canvases -
 getting them ready for paint.  (I use DecoArt Decou-Page Matte Medium - LOVE this stuff - I use gallons!  It's the best medium I've found and I love the finish it leaves.)


Sue Allemand Art, 30 Day Challenge - My Creative Day in Pictures, www.sueallemandart.com
Painted these little mini abstracts (sorry - pic doesn't show detail - I'm taking all of these
 daily photos with my phone).  These were fun and quick and will get scanned tomorrow
for prints, then framed and up for sale.


Mixed Media Painting by Sue Allemand - First layer - Decoupage, www.sueallemandart.com
Gathered an assortment of blue papers, maps and vintage book paper in a couple
languages - and decoupaged this 16" x 20" cradled wood canvas.  LOVE how the
 colors turned out!  Great base for the anchor painting I'm planning!  I'll work on sanding and painting tomorrow.


Mixed Media Painting by Sue Allemand - First layer - Decoupage, www.sueallemandart.com
Decoupaged this 16" x 20" canvas (painted with DecoArt Gesso first) with vintage sewing
pattern tissue paper and ripped up blue papers to resemble the texture of the water.  
Love the wavy look!  This one will be a sailboat painting when it's finished.  
Probably...  haha.


Mixed Media Painting by Sue Allemand - First layer - Decoupage, www.sueallemandart.com
Here's a closer look at all the blue wavy papers I used.  And yep - I used
DecoArt Decou-Page Matte Medium for both the wood canvas and this one!  
I told ya - it's the best!  :)

I was on a roll today!  All this in addition to finishing and shipping orders, computer work in the morning, showing my new studio assistant (eeek - yep - I have an assistant!  It's sooo great!) how to make notepads and and restring some bead bracelets for new charm jewelry, and sorting through some boxes for items for my pop-up rummage and art stuff sale next Friday.

Here's the aftermath of Studio A today -- actually looks cleaner in the pictures than in person!  It's really a disaster! 

Sue Allemand Studio, www.sueallemandart.com

Sue Allemand Art Studio, www.sueallemandart.com

Now, to clean up a little - so I can start fresh tomorrow!  :)  Oh and LOOKY -- my little lone pumpkin is starting to turn orange!!  Woohoo!!

Sue Allemand Art, 30 Day Challenge - My Creative Day in Pictures, www.sueallemand.com


See ya tomorrow!  Hugs,
Sue