Wednesday, January 1, 2014

AUDACIOUS - My word for 2014

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!  It's 2014 - YAY!!
 
 
I'm ready to be done with 2013.  It came in so unassuming and everything was trotting along fine as normal.  Busy, busy, busy with finishing up and deciding to sell one business (www.paletteprimitives.com) and starting a NEW one (www.ajoyfulsoul.com).  Things were exciting and moving with my vision at a frantic pace!   My 2013 Word Of The Year was FOCUS!  And I sure did a lot of that!  It was a good word!  A lot of FOCUS on what I wanted for the next incarnation of my art business.... FOCUS on simplifying my life (personal & business)... FOCUS on developing new products that fit a new mission and purpose... lots and lots of FOCUS-ing!  haha
 
It was a great year!  I was passionate about my art again - and my business!  Armed with a new direction, new website, new blogs, new logos...new, new, new!
 
And then the year had to go and blindside me.  My mom passed away suddenly in November.  That one significant event, turned my world upside down.  That month is a blur to me.  I still can't believe she's not here anymore.  65 is way too young!  I'm still so sad and miss her soooo much!   But she would want us to move on and be happy and she was my biggest Art Cheerleader!
 
 
So, with the start of the new year, I'm moving forward.  I have a great, new business, an awesome husband, wonderful kids, a great life, and I'm ready to push everything to another level!  So my new word for 2014 is....

AUDACIOUS!

 
I had been thinking that my new word would be Fearless - for the last month or so - but it just didn't quite fit.. it didn't feel complete... it didn't totally define what I was after.  I'm an introvert by nature - most creatives are.  And to accomplish what I want for A Joyful Soul - I need to get over that!  I need to put myself OUT THERE!  Say YES to things I normally would say NO to.  Take advantage of the talents, opportunities and networking I'm given.  So, today I did a Google search for "words meaning fearless" and Audacious jumped out at me right away!!  That sounded awesome and daring and brave!   And that's exactly what I found when I looked up the definition! 
 
au•da•cious (ɔˈdeɪ ʃəs) adj.
 
1. extremely daring; brave; fearless.
2. Spirited and extremely original or inventive; unrestrained by existing ideas, conventions, etc.; uninhibited.
3.
disposed to venture or take risks.  Willing to undertake or seeking out new and daring enterprises
 
invulnerable to fear or intimidation, unrestrained by convention or propriety, dauntless, intrepid, unfearing, adventuresome, adventurous, bold
 
 
Thank you universe!  It was EXACTLY what I was looking for!  FEARLESS on steroids!!!   I LOVE IT!!
 
What is your word for 2014??  Have you picked one yet??   Think about what you want to accomplish this year... what you would like to work toward...what trait can you adopt that will help you get to the vision you see in your head??  What word can you focus on every time you get to a crossroads or have a decision to make on which route to take...  that should be your WORD for 2014!  Let me know what you choose!  I'd love to hear all your choices!
 
Whatever word you choose - my wish for you all is GREAT LOVE, BLISSFUL HAPPINESS, WONDERFUL HEALTH & AWESOME PROSPERITY in 2014!
 
Hugs,
Sue