Thursday, July 25, 2013

where does the time go?

This is my cutie palm tree - that my awesome husband Dan created for me in the special latte's he makes me!  Although - he bought me a Keurig a few months ago - and it has kinda "replaced" him making my morning coffee with the espresso maker.

Anyway, we just got back from San Diego, and I'm trying to get back into work... I don't know why but it's so tough for me every time we come back toward the East...it's only 2 hours difference in time zones but it really knocks me out -- maybe it's the big traveling day that knocks me off balance -- but I just seem to need to take naps for a few days!  haha  Nothing wrong with a good nap though right??

Click picture to check it out on Amazon

I got my new Kundalini Yoga Ultimate Stretch DVD yesterday - so I started my day with that today!  WOW it really does stretch you!!  haha  Thanks Sherry for recommending it!  I'm gonna try to get back in my daily exercise routine and eat less carbs!  Hopefully I can do it all at the same time!

Does it ever seem like that to you??  That you can only concentrate on one big life goal at a time??  The hours in the day just pass like the speed of light -- and it never seems like I can get it ALL done!!  I work SO much -- and there always is so much MORE to do!  And then when I really try to concentrate on exercising and eating better... it takes up a bunch of time... and even less gets done business-wise.  Not to mention housework, yardwork, grocery shopping, errands, etc.

Sometimes I wonder -- how the heck did I do all that I did in my 20's??  I was married - had 2 kids - owned an art supply store (worked 80+ hours a week), taught painting classes, painted til the wee hours of the morning to do art/craft shows, ran the house, did the errands, took the kids to all their sports and classes, did conventions...holy cow, I'm getting tired just thinking about it all!  haha

Now, my kids are grown...it's just me & Dan...and the cat... I run 3 sections of my business (kinda like running 3 businesses), and have the same household stuff... and we try to get out to enjoy kayaking, biking, walking, etc. when we can --   but my daily "to do" list seems to have a million things still on it at the end of the day!

Hmmmm.... I don't know!  Maybe somebody's sneaking in and setting my clocks ahead all the time?  Or adding more things to my list??  haha.  I really need to get a better handle on it somehow.  I LOVE everything I do -- and I want to be fit and healthy --  I guess I just want it all!  haha   I LOVE being in my 40's -- I feel so in control of my life and things are GREAT -- but I really don't like my energy slowing down -- maybe I need to take my vitamins more regularly??   I guess part of  the answer is to "be more present" in the everyday minutes --  breathe into each and every one --  stop trying to multi-task on everything and just PAY ATTENTION to one thing at a time! 

Here's to all of us getting a few more minutes in the day, to just chill!!  :)

Hugs,
Sue