Thursday, June 6, 2013

day 19 ~ bloglove ~ life as I know it...and soldering day

soldered charms, pendants, original art, prints

The hardest thing about doing these blogposts for the 30 day challenge is that I don't really have much to write about!  Nothing that I think is very interesting - that is.

 My kids are grown - so no fun kiddie pics doing quirky things - or at fun events.  I have a cat that we take WAY too many pictures of, that we've joked we could make a 365 poses calendar EVERY year ~ but I'm sure you don't want to see Juan Carlos (that's his name) sleeping in what WE perceive as hilarious contortions every day!  haha  He REALLY is a character though, so you may see him here from time to time.

It's just Dan and I in the house now - and we enjoy LIFE!  Which means we do what we love or what we feel like doing on any given day!  Dan is a firefighter - so he works 24 hours on and 48 hours off - which means we spend A LOT of time together!  :)  We kayak, go to movies, go for walks, go for long drives, picnic by Lake Michigan or in the park, bike ride, etc.  We enjoy the moment...the quiet...nature...living life to the fullest...and soaking up every wonderful minute of it.  

When we're not doing one of those things - I'm working!  My work is my passion - I have a NEED to create - EVERY day!   AND I'm a big multi-tasker - so....while I'm watching t.v. ~ I'm working... When I'm listening to music or an audiobook ~ I'm working... if I'm sleeping...I'm working - haha!  No kidding!  I don't get much sleep because I'm designing, planning, writing, organizing, painting, sewing, stitching, etc... in my mind!  Now if I could figure out how to get work done while I'm walking 5 miles ~ I'd be all set!!  haha  

It's a joyful, peaceful, and largely uneventful (no drama) life!  And we LOVE it!  But it really doesn't lend well to daily story-telling..haha!  But I'm trying -- 11 more days to go!  If you have any questions you'd like to ask me...I'd love it if you'd post in the comments!  That'll give me something to write about!  :) 

In the meantime, I hope you get some peace and free time to enjoy the best of life as well!  And if you're still in the "it's all about the kid's" stage (and BOY were we in that stage...endless practices, games, taxi service, chaperoning, chairing school committees and events, etc.) ~ KNOW that there IS an end ~ and you'll be sad to see it go!  So enjoy it and them while you can ~ crazy hectic-ness and all!  :)

Hugs,
Sue