Thursday, May 16, 2013

day 2 ~ bloglove ~ graduation time

Here I am - Day 2!  Yay!  Just thinking about all the graduations we have in our family this year!  Four college graduations and a high school graduation - all boys!!  Do you give money for graduations??  Most of us do!  You know most of them will spend the money on everyday needs like gas, food, etc.... I don't know too many who have actually used it for savings or for getting new clothes for job interviews, etc.  I wanted to get them something a little more lasting, along with the prerequisite cash, but have been wracking my brain trying to figure out something boys would like and appreciate....

then I started reading this book The Art of Non-Conformity by Chris Guillebeau (the author of another great book - The $100 Startup)... and by the 3rd chapter I KNEW I had found my "something extra" graduation gift!  I immediately ordered 6 more copies!  One for each of the college grads and one each for my own kids! 
book review, Chris Guillebeau, live happy, change the world, rules for living, inspirational, graduation
 
You can check out inside pages or order a copy HERE!
 
 
I LOVE this book so much because it talks about how NOT to be a follower, how to live life differently, that it's OK to make your own HAPPY and live on your own terms!  It's so motivational and inspiring ~ and really has a lot of thought-provoking ideas for how be a creative and happy in whatever career path you choose ~ whether as an employee of a company OR a small business owner!  
 
 This is a philosophy I've lived by my whole life - and try to teach others - especially my kids!  GO FOR your dreams, take RISKS, move beyond your FEARS,  stop worrying about what others THINK or what they're doing, BE YOU!!    
 
I just cannot say enough about this book ~ it's really been one of my very favorites of all-time!   And I hope the graduates I got copies for will take the time to sit down and at least START reading it ~ cuz if they START, I don't think they'll be able to put it down ~ and maybe, just maybe, they'll get some ideas on how to live a more fulfilled, adventurous & happy life!!  :)
 
P.S.  I gave my son (he's 24) his copy a couple days ago -- and he's LOVING it!  This kid has not been a "reader", traditionally - but he's almost through with the book and said to me he wished it wouldn't end!  How great is that??  I'm a Happy Mom!!
 
Hugs,
Sue