Wednesday, April 17, 2013

tablecloth turned into a rug

how to, crafting, diy decor

LOVE LOVE LOVE this idea I found on Hometalk today!  Hometalk is a Home Improvement, Gardening, Interior Design, Color, Painting, Décor (I could go on and on)... How-to posting site!  If you haven't gone over and checked it out - you definitely should! 

Anyway -- this Tablecloth to Rug How-to is so ingenius!  I can't wait to try it!  I wish I could find the tablecloth she used in the tutorial -- love the colors!!   I want to make this for an outdoor rug - for on the deck!  How cute would that be to add some style to your outdoor space??  Just what we need -- another "room" to decorate!  :) 

DIY, outdoor decor, palettes, Hometalk

I found this awesome palette sofa design on Hometalk as well!!  I'm hoping to make this on my deck this summer!  Just have to find someone to give me some palettes!  haha   I don't think they readily "give" them away around where I live - unless they're falling apart...which I definitely can't use!  But wouldn't the rug be adorable under this table??  

I'm also going to put the cushions/twin mattresses (whichever we decide to use) inside plastic mattress covers (the kind that zips closed) -- then cover with the decorative fabric (I'll make them like pillow cases).  Then if it rains - I can just wash the fabric covers and wipe down the cushions!  No sitting on wet seats!!  :)

And the fabric stores have started carrying lots of cute outdoor and laminated fabrics!  If you don't have a fabric store near you -- check out Fabric.com!  They have lots to choose from, great prices, and FREE shipping with just a $35 purchase!!

I can't wait to get started decorating my deck!  We just added 2 extra feet to the end of it last summer - so it's nice and wide!  I have to wait for all the Spring showers - and snow - to quit so I can get out there and work!  I'll post pictures of my progress when I do! 

Happy Spring!

Sue