Tuesday, March 19, 2013

i just like to make things...

That's the title of Art Agent, Lilla Rogers, awesome new book!!  I just got done leaving my review on Amazon!  I just LOVED it!  This book is for anybody wanting to know the ins and outs of selling art, and the various income streams that you can pursue if you're determined enough!
 
Lilla Rogers, creative book, art licensing, selling your art
I Just Like to Make Things: Learn the Secrets to Making Money while Staying Passionate about your Art and Craft

It's a MUST read for anybody starting out in the Art Business OR for those of you already creating and selling art, but wanting to expand your reach!  Lilla points out the pro's and con's of each route!  From fairs to licensing, she explains it all!  Having had experience in most of the those routes myself over the years, I know she's giving you lots and lots of GREAT information!!   I wish I would have had this book back then, it would've saved me a lot of work, time, money and mistakes! 
 
Lilla's not only an Art Agent - she's an Artist!  She started out in the art world like the rest of us, and her journey into licensing, becoming an agent, and helping other artists is really inspiring!  Lots of good advice, interviews and inspiration in the book from her stable of artists as well!  Lilla also included some creative "prompts" to get you thinking "outside the box" and figuring out what you really want out of your art career!  There's also a big section of Sources to get you started!!  She's so genuine in her writing - you really get a sense that you're having a "conversation" with her personally!
 
I can't say enough about it - I just LOVE this book!  I bet you will too!!  Check it out!
 
Hugs,
Sue